Wednesday 25 March 2009

My music magazine project



This is my Magazine cover which I did for my media project. This magazine cover I made from am original picture I took at City College Norwich car park and where I used my friend to model. I cut out the person from this picture and then I pasted it into Photoshop CS3. Next I designed my uniqe Masthead and added to the magazine. I have learned that the masthead is an important part of any magazine. The masthead is like a logo for the magazine. Mastheads for music magazines like NME and Kerrang are very well known. Also I designed the place of main sells, and wrote the main sells with the same font style as masthead but smaller. I made a colour glove around letter to attract them. I download the different types of brushes from internet, at the site www.psbrushes.net, because they are free, so I don't have to pay anything for them. I put some of these brushes onto my magazine cover, to make the cover look more attractive to the target audience. Also I added some lures to the front of the magazine. The lures that I included were free posters and a free CD from the band Painkillers. These lures would hopefully appeal to my target audience and encourage them to spend money on my magazine.

This magazine cover with hip-hop, rap style because of the person at the front who wear a hat with some graffiti at it, also it wear very wide trousers which also connect with hip-hop style. I add some Dollar Signs which makes him gangsta. At the background I stick some of the warning signs to emphasise the fact that my Hip Hop gangsta is dangerous. This ties in with the key concept of representation. I have chosen how to represent my Hip Hop artist. The style of clothes, the body posture and facial expression of my artist all give a representation of him. This will be understood by the target audience as they associate caps and graffiti with the Hip Hop genre.

No comments: